Hi, I'm Rhonda Solis. I was elected to the Colorado State Board of Education in the 8th Congressional District in 2022 and am running for re-election in 2024.
- Local Community Expert
- CD8 Student, Parent and School Board Member
Rhonda brings 30 years of diverse experience in management, community outreach, and customer service. Her experience in CD8 goes all the way back to being a student and graduate from Greeley West High School. Later, she would be a parent to CD8 students/graduates, as well as serving two full terms on the Board of Education for Greeley-Evans School District 6.
Rhonda's leadership is focused on care, foresight, and innovation, while keeping the many challenges and obstacles that students encounter in mind. Her priority was to stand up to those challenges and advocate for the educators, families, businesses, and the community we served.
A quality public education system is vital for the future of Colorado. Our students are our future leaders, and their success is worth investing in! There has been a lot of great work on behalf of students, families, teachers, educators and communities across Colorado. Rhonda believes there’s still more work ahead of us, and she's up for the challenge!
- State Board Member|Colorado State Board of Education, Congressional District 8
- Board of Directors | Greeley Dream Team
- Board of Directors | Greeley-Evans School District 6 (Two complete terms – 8 years)
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) | Weld County
- Panelist | Girl State Conference, UNC
- Panelist | Colorado 50/50
- Presenter | Vice-President Joe Biden, Obama For America event
- Election Judge Supervisor | Weld County
- Co-Host | Open Range Radio am 1310 KFKA
Awards & Honors:
- Citizen of the year|Greeley Elks Lodge
- Leadership of Service Award|Colorado Statewide Parent Coalition
- Female Leadership Award|Cesar Chavez Peace & Justice Committee
- Community Advocate Award|Outstanding Women of Weld County
- Community Leadership Award|Hispanic Women of Weld County
- Leadership Award | Tobacco Free Coalition of Weld County
- Public Health Champion|Weld County
- Training | Stewards of Children
- Citizens Academy | Greeley Police
- Latina/o Advocacy Day | Colorado State Capitol
- Voter Registration Training
- Latina Debate Bootcamp
- Government Academy | City of Greeley
Education & Certifications:
- Participant in Leadership Northern Colorado | Greeley, Fort Collins, and Loveland Area Chambers of Commerce
- Latino Leadership Institute, Executive Leadership Certificate | University of Denver
- High School Diploma | Greeley West High School